Thursday, November 11, 2010

Intimacy Noir

I came across this blog while looking for inspiration shots for my Organi-Tek collection and needed to post the link.  Check out the fashion photography by Sarah Moon - they feel like a dream that is dangerously close to becoming a nightmare...

Anyways, I found the above image on Kitsch-Noir.  This is the INTIMACY Black dress designed by Anouk Wipprecht in collaboration with studio Roosegaarde, Waddinxveen, of the Netherlands. Made of smart foil, this originally black foil reacts to the proximity of a "viewer," sends a charge through the dress and it becomes more transparent as one approaches.  It's as if the garment is a physical representation of human relationships - as our relationships develop and we become closer to each other, our facade begins to transform into something more transparent; we then have an intimate knowledge of what is beneath the surface. 

I am absolutely fascinated by this technological display of a psychological phenomenon - it is essentially a sentient garment. wow.

1 comment:

  1. possibly... hiding and exposing oneself is an interesting concept when you remove all aspects of emotion, and with technology being an emotionless vehicle of information, it does appeal to me to bring the two together and create a relationship between them. I think I'm going to try to do something like define beautiful by way of the Pythagoras theorem. What I really liked about the above piece was the way it translated electronic impulses into rather human-like behavior. I am constantly searching for ways in which feelings and emotions can translated into a universal language, i.e. mathematics/science.

    I told you, I'm obsessed with robots.

    ReplyDelete