Friday, November 26, 2010

Mood Board


 I mapped out a few of the shapes that I found when examining the images. The images with the most aesthetically pleasing angles and shapes were the ones I used.
 Some of the images were arranged on the board to create relationships between themselves through geometry as at a glance, they may not appear to be related.  I thought this was a good way to translate the purpose of Phi as it is a ratio that can be used to relate somewhat dissimilar elements of geometry.

 I would like to use this gold spiral in a print.  I think it would look amazing sweeping across the body, up, over and around the shoulders...
 The tassels represent the golden section that is related to Phi.  When a segment in divided into parts that are 1.618 times longer than the last.

I chose a lot of pictures that had either an organic shape or very hard geometric lines to stay within the theme of the sacred geometry of Phi.  I put a clear sheet of plastic over top so I could get the effect of a white board when I mapped out the geometric shapes, so it was a little hard to get up close for detail shots without a blinding flash light.  Essentially the board connects some of the geometric associations that I tried to make when setting up the board, which I think is much like Phi - it connects elements of sacred geometry that were not connected prior to defining Phi.

Mainly the board focuses on structured shapes that have a swooping/spiraling paths; I've used gold in some of the notions and images to allude to the "golden ratio" that Phi is also known as.  Some of my favourite images are the organic origami ones - they look like insects from the future...

I can't wait to start designing for this collection, I think it's going to be a real challenge to juxtapose the organic and the mathematical elements so the separates work within each other and they don't look too dissimilar and more like two collections styled together...

No comments:

Post a Comment